loves to eat, hates to cook.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The anti-midas touch.

My whole life, I seem to have been surrounded by those irritatingly marvellous people who can find a fridge empty of anything but some wilting spinach and an ornery looking lemon and turn them into a steaming bowl of awesomeness. It is unlikely that I would ever be mistaken for one of them. In fact, I seem to have the reverse affliction. I could spend a fortune on the best of everything in some fancy pants providore and still manage to turn it into something not so fabulous. Not bad, exactly, just totally 'meh'.

A short list of other things I won't ever be described as/mistaken for:

  • Sporty
  • Busty
  • Immaculately groomed
  • Teetotaller

Luckily for me, Beef Cheeks posseses that gourmet midas touch in spades. So much so that I am prepeared to give him the chance to try and turn me on to porridge.* Stay tuned.

* A childhood aversion - mum forced me to eat it almost every day for breakfast in winter. Even the word makes me gag.

No comments: